Jack & Roz Candids

By | Monday, May 14, 2012 Leave a Comment
Greg Theakston recently posted several Jack Kirby photographs to his Facebook account. I thought I'd take a quick moment to share my two favorites, both of which feature his wife Roz...
These look like they were taken on the same night, based on the clothes, hair, etc. I love that they're just having a good time together. Jack's so well known as a comic creator, but I think a lot of people forget that he was a devoted husband and father first and foremost. And Roz made sure that Jack had the freedom to be who he was, sometimes in spite of himself.

One of my very few regrets in life is that I never got say thank you to either Jack or Roz. It's probably one of the reasons I keep doing research and writing about him.

Many more photos of Jack (and others) are available in Theakston's Facebook album.
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: