Thank Santiago!

By | Tuesday, July 05, 2011 Leave a Comment
With my book recently being listed on Amazon, I put up a small promotional sign outside of my cubicle at work. Not that I think anyone from the office will buy a copy, but it rounds me out as an individual. ("Sean writes too?")

A co-worker walked by and spotted it for the first time this morning. He stopped to ask about it, and he made some comparisons to baseball fans. And it came out that he had a baseball signed by every Latino hall of famer in Cooperstown except Roberto Clemente. I'm not much of a baseball fan -- I really don't care for the sport at all, in fact -- but I did read Wilfred Santiago's 21: The Story of Roberto Clemente so I not only knew who my co-worker was talking about, but his relative significance to baseball. I was able to respond with, "It's really unfortunate that you're not going to get him to sign it either." Because, thanks to that book, I also know he died back in 1972 in a tragic plane crash. Ultimately, I came off sounding like I know what I'm talking about, despite not knowing what I'm talking about.

So, there you have it! Proof positive that comics are good for you!
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: