Sean, Meet Spider

By | Tuesday, June 05, 2007 1 comment
Yes, I'm really late to this particular game, but I finally got around to reading Transmetropolitan. Well, the first volume as it appears in trade paperback form, at any rate.

I don't know WHY it's taken me so long to catch up with that. Well, with Warren Ellis. I know I didn't have much interest in Transmetropolitan because it was essentially a complete unknown to me. But I don't know why it's taken me so long to really appreciate Ellis. I suppose I hadn't read much of his work at all until about a year ago, and it was only after seeing how talented he was and the themes/messages his work seemed to center around that I began to actively seek out his other work.

But, even after this first, small volume, it's easy to see why Spider Jerusalem struck such a chord with so many people. Yeah, this is definitely a character I can understand. Almost too well, actually...
Newer Post Older Post Home

1 comments:

Remember my email-adress? Transmet has been a huge influence to me.