Two Morrows

By | Saturday, March 04, 2006 Leave a Comment
As you may have noticed, I only have a handful of external links along the right side of my page here. The links in question are all to comic-related projects of which I'm an active participant.

FFPlaza, as you may know, is my original Fantastic Four web site, which has been running for almost a decade now. The MCP, which I mentioned earlier in this blog, is a site started by Russ Chappell to put every Marvel comic book story in chronological order as the characters would have experienced them. I'm a member of the Board of Directors there.

The last one is Two Morrows Publishing. They're the guys who put out some excellent publications like Jack Kirby Collector, Alter Ego, and Back Issue. My contributions aren't as blatantly obvious as the other two, but I thought I'd take a moment to plug Jack Kirby Collector, for which I've been writing a column called "Incidental Iconography" for a couple years now. The next issue is due out in a week or two, and it should contain my examination of how Jack developed Devil Dinosaur. There's a lot there, surprisingly, given that it's basically just a Tyrannosaurus rex.

Anyway, I always enjoy reading JKC because all of the contributors provide some great pieces. I'm always learning something in every issue, and I hope my meager column helps contribute that for others. Keep an eye out for it -- the next issue is slated for a March 15 release, I believe.
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: